|Position: ||Fleet Service Assistant|
|Location:||Point of Rocks, MD|
|This position has been filled.|
We invite you to consult our list of job opportunities.
|Responsible for assisting the Fleet Service Manager with the maintenance of the company’s fleet. This includes a wide variety of functions within the truck shop such as basic mechanic duties, routine repairs and maintenance of all equipment.|
- Responsible for the maintenance of the company's fleet. Performing rolling twelve-month preventive maintenance, equipment rebuilds and construction.
- Running preventive maintenance forecast by utilizing Equipment Maintenance System, manufacturer's recommendations and observing DOT requirements under the direction of the Fleet Service Manager.
- Exhibit leadership in the area of safety. This requires observing safety rules and practices, encouraging safe work behaviors, and promptly correcting conditions and unsafe behaviors which may lead to accidents. Also, assists in investigating accidents.
- Assisting the Fleet Service Manager in budgeting for the operation of the company's fleet. This includes budgeting for garage tools and equipment, A&G expenses, material purchases for maintenance, fuel purchase, and outsourcing of fleet repairs.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- A minimum of two years of experience in related work.
- Demonstrate effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills; ability to plan for and carry out projects with minimum direction; and thorough knowledge of automotive and other equipment and automated systems.
- Must possess a valid driver's license. Ability to obtain a Commercial Driver's License. Ability to work effectively in a diverse work group.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Broad knowledge of diesel equipment repairs.
- Ability to diagnose and solve mechanical repairs.
- Knowledge of electrical troubleshooting.
The ability to stand continuously is essential with occasional walking and sitting. The nature of the position will require employee to perform a wide range of physcial activites ranging from pushing and pulling, lifting and carrying heavy objects (60–100 lbs) to climbing, crouching, kneeling, bending and handling. Repetitive finger motions are required. Vision requirements include, close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to focus. Must have normal color vision.
Works near moving mechanical parts and in outside weather conditions. Is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles. Noise level in the work environment is usually very loud.
|We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package.|
|Canam Steel Corporation|
4010 Clay Street
Point of Rocks, MD 21777
|We are an equal opportunity employer (M/F/D/V)|