|Position: ||Human Resources Assistant|
|This position has been filled.|
We invite you to consult our list of job opportunities.
|Perform all required administrative duties necessary to administer employee benefit programs, company policies, programs and procedures. |
- Prepare and maintain files and archives -- create new hire, employee medical and other department files both automated (HRIS) and hard copies; close out term files and archive files, report any payroll documents as necessary.
- Perform and assist with any other HR / Payroll related task as assigned.
- Assist and process all leaves of absence in accordance with FMLA, STD, LTD, etc.
- Assist with administering all employee benefit programs including enrollments, changes, terminations and COBRA. Respond to unemployment compensation claims. Assist with claims including coordination with providers and assist with problem resolution.
- Assist in maintaining production staffing levels in accordance with estblished guidelines. Including job postings, recruiting, screening, interviewing, evaluating and selecting candidates for vacant positions. Conduct employee orientation sessions and process all related paperwork.
- Respond to internal/external inquiries from a variety of sources for employee/human resource related information. Coordinate various employee communications via bulletin boards, newsletters, meetings, etc.
- Assist in organizing employee welfare activities such as social events, special benefits, civic involvement, employee recognition, etc...
- Assist in payroll adminstration for all divisions of corporation; weekly processing, vacation/holiday tracking, loans, taxes, time cards, etc.
- Assist with training initiatives and coordination.
- Responsible for adminstration and maintenance of employee uniforms/safety boots/glasses.
- Assist Production Managers and Supervisors with various issues, grievenaces, points, disciplines, upgrades, schedule changes, etc.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a positive, effective manner with customers, coworkers, clients and supervisors.
- Perform other job duties as assigned by supervisor.
|High School graduate or equivalent and 1-2 years experience required. Degree in Human Resources preferred. A combination of education and experience may substitute.|
Experience with basic computer software including MS Word, Powerpoint and Excel required. HRIS and ADP experience preferred. Ability to operate various types of office equipment: scanner, fax, projector, etc., good communications skills both verbal and written. Ability to interact well with people on all levels. Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
General office and constant exposure to computer display. Periodic exposure to production environment.
|We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package as well as excellent opportunities for training and advancement.|
|We are an equal opportunity employer (M/F/D/V)|