|This position has been filled.|
We invite you to consult our list of job opportunities.
|As a member of our drafting and design team, your responsibilities will include the following:
- Draft and detail steel joist and deck layouts according to customer requirements and standard practices;
- Prepare clear, complete and accurate steel joist and deck layouts from sketches, notes and contract drawings;
- Perform steel joist and deck detailing and create shop order documents;
- Collect information, including contract documents, codes and reference drawings, from all available sources;
- Perform verifications for dimension correctness and interference between elements;
- Incorporate and compile any possible adjustments or changes substantiated by revised drawings;
- Utilize computer-assisted drafting (CAD) equipment and software, as well as in-house custom software;
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in an effective manner with customers, co-workers and supervisors.
|The ideal candidate must:
- Possess an Engineering Design and Drafting Technology Diploma;
- Be proficient with AutoCAD;
- Have proven ability to read, analyze and interpret technical procedures, regulations, drawings and job specifications;
- Have exceptional organizational and English communication skills (verbal and written);
- Be able to work well in a team environment.
General office environment with constant exposure to a computer display screen, and occasional exposure to a shop environment with high levels of noise, dust, dirt and extreme temperatures (hot in summer and cold in winter).
|In this full time, permanent position, you will receive competitive remuneration, company-paid benefits, profit-sharing, as well as excellent opportunities for training.|
|Canam Group Inc. appreciates your interest in this position. Please note, however, that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We reserve the right, upon the candidate’s written authorization and at the company’s expense, to perform criminal, credit and job-related medical background checks as part of the hiring process.|